What we heard (to date) released
Today the City released a summary of what has been heard to date regarding Budget 2022. Check out all the details in the Document library.
Engagement to date has included:
• 1100 visits to EngageStjohns.ca
• Establishing an Ad hoc budget advisory committee
• Meeting with the City-Business Roundtable
• Booth at Local Immigration Partnership (LIP) Event Oct. 27, 2021
• Focus groups with City Advisory Committees and Local Immigration Partnership members
In general, the feedback gathered so far has focused on the impact of demographic changes to program and service access and delivery; the state of small businesses; cost of living and affordability concerns; creating more equity in who pays taxes and comments about tax rates; and gaps in service that should be the focus for Council in budget planning such as sidewalk snow clearing, public transit, affordable housing, and improved accessibility.
Council is currently meeting with staff, reviewing the feedback gathered through public engagement so far, and planning for budget 2022.
To learn more about plans and to continue to contribute to the process, please register for the upcoming virtual event:
Virtual Public Engagement Session on Budget 2022 Registration
Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 7pm
Consultation has concluded