What We Heard Document Released
What We Heard (WWH) during public engagement for a proposed flood mitigation construction project along parts of Rennies River is now available here.
The public engagement process saw 444 unique visitors to the project page at engagestjohns.ca. Over 40 people attended the virtual engagement session,13 people posted questions on the engage page, and two email submissions were received.
Questions were raised during the engagement process, including comments about:
- Environmental assessment, process, and timeline for the Long Pond Weir
- Water table, surface water and ground water
- Impact to public and private properties
- The health and beauty of the river
- The use and look of the proposed berms
- Impact of this project and the shared-use-path proposed for the area
- Upstream impacts created by the new hospital construction
The next step in the process is to submit environmental registration documentation to the provincial government for approval. Once approved, design is planned to take place during winter 2021, with construction to follow in spring/summer 2021.